4/24/10

The Last Snow Storm??




Yesterday my drive to work was the worst one of the year due to the road conditions and snow.
Hopefully this is the last storm of the year. It's really pretty but very heavy because of the water content. Guess it's good for the water table and the wildflowers. Arn was returning from Santa Fe from a golf trip so he wasn't around to keep up with the shoveling. When I left work (downtown Co. Springs) there was nothing on the ground and only a light drizzle. Monument got a couple feet of snow and as I neared our street there were lots of broken branches and trees due to the heavy snow. It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow so we decided to just let it melt and do the old 'drive on it and smash it down' thing. I did get out my snowshoes for the first time this year. Maggie came along as we trudged around our lot and the neighboring lots.
She had lots of trouble walking because the snow was so deep and heavy. Will there one more?? I hope not, I'm ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment