7/12/10

More fun for the 4th!






The day after the 4th was a busy one....we took off to an Art's Fest at America the Beautiful park in the Springs, checked out the art, and the great fountain. At certain positions (it rotates)Pikes Peak is perfectly in the circle. It's a nice spot for cooling off, especially for little kids). Mere bought a great piece of art (a planter with succulents).
Later in the day, Meredith and I took off for a quick trip up to the Reservoirs. She wanted to show me where to drop down into Limbaugh Canyon so we went on past the 2nd Res. and up Rampart Range Rd. We decided to go ahead and just go down into the Canyon. It is really pretty, all along a stream, and we hardly saw any people. We need to figure out where the actual exit is and maybe leave a second car there. We came out in a neighborhood by a national forest cabin (really cute), and walked back to the car at the trailhead. We happened upon an amazing and beautiful tribute to a family's son that I will post later. I took a couple of pics but the light was getting dim and I want to research the building later. I really want to get Arn up there soon. We saw another trail (HZ) that I want to check out too. I think it comes out over by Monument Rock and we could leave a car there.

No comments:

Post a Comment