5/31/11

Dutch Heritage Gardens

This past Saturday I made a trip to Dutch Heritage Gardens. It was overwhelming but fun. Next year will be easier since I'll have experience. It's east of us about 5 miles with a great view of Pikes Peak. A young guy who's 28 (dutch heritage)and his wife own the place and have a 2 day open house on Memorial Day weekend. Everything is very well priced (about half the cost) and it's very well organized. I got a whole cart of plants for just $109. It included perrienals, annuals, variety pots, herbs, patio veggies (more to come on that, we'll see if they produce), and a hanging basket. The place is huge and well worth the wait in line. This place supplies all of the King Soopers stores so I'll have to do a price comparison soon. I think next year I'll make Arn go so he can be in line while I run around and get plants!






No comments:

Post a Comment