6/28/11

A bear...Oh my!



Everyone has been talking about bear sightings for a while now and I've wanted to see one. Well, yesterday was the day. My golf group was playing at Woodmoor against Patty Jewett. On # 5 I hit a really good drive and all I had to do was to chip it on the green. While checking out my shot, I looked behind the green and there was a bear sitting there looking at me. Kind of exciting. I told the other ladies and figured it left and went into the brush. I didn't have a camera but this is what he looked like. Black bears are a cinnamon color when younger. He was pretty healthy looking too! When I went back over to check him out he was still there, watching. He started walking around, kept looking at us, and walked around the nearest house. From there he walked up # 6, across # 7 & 8 fairway. It kind of messed with my concentration for golf but it sure was exciting seeing one up that close.

No comments:

Post a Comment