8/5/11

We did it.....the Manitou Incline!

This morning Arn and I started out on the Manitou Incline @ 7:38 AM. I've wanted to do this for a while (get it done before I turned 60 in a couple of years). It's a mile up, 2000 ft. elevation gain, 50 % incline and took up about 1 1/2 hr. to get up to the top. There were loads of people doing it and many people do it every week. I'd say I'm glad I've done it but not sure if or when I'll do it again. It was brutal ! After reaching the top we hiked down the Barr trail which is the trail that goes to the top of Pikes Peak. It's a bunch of switchbacks (4 mi.) which I don't care for very much. I really felt like we accomplished something though and hopefully burned a bunch of calories. Afterwards we went to Old Colorado City and had a great breakfast at the Bon Ton Cafe and ate outside. Today - 5 mi., 3 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment