9/17/11

99 Days til Christmas



It's getting cooler here in Monument and we've had more rain in the past couple of days than we've had in a long time. I've been busy trying to preserve some of the veggies we brought home from ND. I oven roasted 3 pans of plum cherry tomatoes, tried a hot pepper pesto recipe, made two large jars of refrigerator dill pickles, roasted pablano peppers, and we're eating tomatoes almost three times a day. One of our favs is a garden tomato sandwich (wheat bread - toasted, a little mayo, salt and pepper). I've also been eating tomatoes like apples, and last night we made a caprese salad. Yummy!


I'm kind of in the 'get ready for winter' mode and want to get out the fall decorations. I always have big ideas for the holidays and want to get a few projects done that I always end up deleting from my schedule. Realizing that Christmas is only 99 days away might help this year.


I'm not ready for the weather change yet thought....there was a blizzard that closed Pikes Peak Hwy last week and it snowed on trail ridge road too.


We need to be thinking about Thanksgiving....if you want to come, let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment