1/20/12

Polish Pottery Love







'Polish farmers created these traditional designs with inspiration from the proud peacock. The brilliant colors added beauty and color to an otherwise plain and simple lifestyle. Over the years the technique of using handmade stencils to create the designs has become a form of art passed on to new generations. Antique pieces can be viewed at museums in Poland. The people of Boleslawiec are proud to share their art with the world.'


I've figured out why I like polish pottery so much....'farmer', 'peacock', 'simple lifestyle', 'art form'. I tend to be drawn to geometrics and lean toward 'jewel tones'. I have yet to have a piece chip or break and it can be used in the microwave, oven, freezer, etc. I always keep an eye out for it at TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshal's, garage sales, Arc, and Goodwill. One day I lucked out and found two perfect coffee mugs at Goodwill for 99 cents each. Normally they are $12 each. Sometimes people don't realize what they've got because it isn't always perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment