10/11/12

Craftsy Block of the Month - June

 Since the weather is cooling off I'm trying to get some projects caught up or finished.  I'm behind in my BOM from Craftsy.  These blocks are the June ones...I'm still working on May too.  I've become discouraged and am finding that I disagree with some of the teaching techniques (sewing a scant 1/4 in seam sucks) Also the blocks are often off size or difficult to trim to a 12 1/2 in block.  I don't like the fact that they tell you to use certain measurements and they tell you to trim the the piece which wastes fabric.  My other problem with the class is that some of the blocks are
traditional (I've been there, done that).
So I might skip a couple of the months
and fill in with others or remake some
of the ones I liked.  


I've also change the layout on a couple of the blocks because it's 'my' project and I'm making the 'creative' decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment