11/16/12

Mending a Heart

Looking down the hill toward the hospital

San Francisco Bay Trail




1st trip back to walk on the beach @ Pacifica (with his heart hugger)






I'm back from spending some time with my brother to help him recuperate from his heart surgery.  I was there 2 weeks.  He did well and is on the mend.  The hospital was in a great area and I would try to walk as much as I could in between visits.  I found a walk along the water, a loop on a bike path thru a neighborhood and a nice walk up a hilly street.  I also found a great Italian grocery store and a hole in the wall sandwich shop (Little Lucca's) so I need to walk more now that I am back home.  Rock is feeling better everyday and is utilizing visiting nurses, a visiting physical therapist, and eventually cardiac rehab.  He should be able to drive again after his Dec. 5th appt.  In the meantime he's walking around his apt. complex which is beautiful and very park like.  We are so glad and thankful that he found out about his aortic stenosis and that the surgery is all done. Now......on with his retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment