1/20/13

Field Trip - Green Mountain Falls/ The Pantry

It was a beautiful 50 plus degree day this past Friday so I decided to get Gma out into the fresh air and go someplace I'd never been before.  Arn was playing golf in Canyon City.  We took off to Green Mt. Falls (about half way between the Springs and Woodland Park).  We were pleasantly surprised and it was definitely a repeatable experience.  It's a cute little mountain town with a stocked pond and gazebo (a friend of mine got married there and then they rode away on their mt. bikes).  We found The Pantry and had brunch and we were not disappointed.  It's a cute little place and very down to earth.   Gma usually orders a bison burger whenever possible and this one was possibly the best one yet.  I ordered an egg white omelet in anticipation for the bread pudding we shared for dessert (the best I've ever had).  http://www.thepantryingreenmtnfallsco.com/  is the link for The Pantry.  There is supposed to be lots of hiking trails located nearby so I plan to check that out for this coming summer.  After that we drove thru town, looked at the Waldo burn area, and headed north thru Garden of the Gods Park.  Every time I drive thru there I wonder why I don't do it more often.  




Summertime @ The Pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment