1/1/14

Happy New Year 2014

Fireworks thru the Siamese twins in Garden of the Gods

Gma and her glow attire.
New Year's Eve was quiet this year.  I guess we're getting older.  We went out for Mexican food for dinner, looked at Christmas lights, and watched a movie.  I told Mom if she was still awake close to midnight I'd take her to see the fireworks that are shot off of Pikes Peak.   It's a tradition since the 1920's.  I doubted whether I'd be awake.  I had a couple cups of coffee and we took off in our pj's to see the display.  Gma really enjoyed it even though it's a short display.  It's just neat to think about the Adaman Club hiking up to the peak and shooting them off.  They take 2 days to do the hike (stay halfway at Barr Camp) and then camp on the peak on NYE and hike down the next day.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment