4/24/14

In The Garden Hymn



My mother spent the winter with us in Colorado.  She has been doing this since 2009.  I just went home with her to take her back to Ohio for the summer.  I'm thinking this could possibly be her last summer there.  She is considering moving to  Colorado.  She turns 89 this summer and has lived in her home 67 year.  The little country church where we attended has closed and she isn't too keen on attending the 'mega' church that is so popular.  I was with her over Easter and we decided to go to the church in town where my grandparents attended before switching to the one in the country.  I wish I would have attended the sunrise service at the Old Mission Church (historical Indian mission) but didn't make that service. I was raised United Methodist. It was a great service and they still sing the same songs.  Mom doesn't usually sing due to vision difficulties but they had the words projected on the wall.  It was great to hear her start singing when the old familiar song 'In the Garden' started. I grew up singing this song along with 'Onward Christian Soldiers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment