6/24/14

Road Trip 2014 Part One

We must be getting older.............we enjoy road trips.  We left early in the morning (June 1) armed with about 6 audio books and a new smart phone.  Our first leg of the trip took us from home to St. Louis, Mo.  I wasn't really sure how to use my new phone or if or when I was using 'data'.  I had figured out how to get my music off of the computer and onto my phone and learned how to get audio library books on my phone and play thru the radio.  Of course Arn didn't have much patience with me trying to learn as we were trying to find things.  I did need to call customer service only once for some help.  We reached St. Louis the first night and then headed to Atlanta.  We did stop at the quilt museum in Paducah, Ky. and had lunch in Nashville, Tn.  We tried to walk in a River Park in Nashville but it wasn't what we were looking for and we couldn't really find a 'trail'.  We ate at a german place downtown and started our 2 1/2 week tastings of fried food.  The 'oyster balls' were fairly good but it was basically a hush puppy with an oyster inside. 


The GPS on the smart phone became our friend and it was really helpful.  We found Lisa and Nasser's house in Atlanta without any problems.  We had a good visit with them and ate out a couple of times.  We also helped with some handyman things, took a hilly walk in the neighborhood, and I tried Zumba with Lisa early one morning.  Boy, is she a better dancer than me!  We stayed in Atlanta for 2 nights and then headed for the beach.  We stayed in Greenville, SC. on the way to the OBX.  On the morning of June 6th we were driving to the Outer Banks and sadly we got a speeding tix (in an area where the speed had just dropped)  and found out that Arn forgot to renew his driver's license on his birthday!  We got to Duck, NC just after lunch but couldn't check into the beach house until later so we went to the beach!  I'm still gathering pix so watch for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment