3/6/15

POW/MIA Bracelet Project

In the 1970's, we wore Prisoner of War, POW Bracelets and Missing in Action, MIA Bracelets bearing the name of a captured or lost soldier. We did this to keep this person in our hearts and minds, even if we did not know them personally. We proudly wore these bracelets, and some still do, as a symbol of hope that the POW's and MIA's would return home to their families.

 I wore one of these bracelets in the 70's too.  I recently found out that our local high school history class is doing a project where they research the names on some of the bracelets and try to find out what happened to the person.  If they find the family they'll give them the bracelet.  I'm going to donate mine (it was surprising how easily I found it after all of these years).  I'll post again with any results that are found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment