3/9/10

A Little Winter Update

I've been a little lax when it comes to posting lately, sorry. I think it's been due to several things such as ACLS study (I always spaz out about it), the hiking we've been doing has been local repeats that have been relatively icy and muddy(the weather has been mild for most of the winter so far), we started doing our taxes which eats up a lot of time with organizing and data entry (refund looks promising so far tho), and I guess we just haven't been doing that much that is that exciting. Arn has been able to golf a couple of times a week for most of the winter. Do kind of wish we would get a couple of good snow storms so I could break out my snowshoes at least once or twice this year.
Mom and I did get a baby quilt finished (jars of bugs with a flannel backing) and we are going to take it to the machine quilter tomorrow so I'll post a pic when we get it back. It's kind of been a type of therapy for her and it's something we can do together. I'm also working on a challenge from my quilt group which is called a paint chip challenge. You get three paint chips (one for each of your initials), pick out fabric to match, and make something by the beginning of May. Luckily I like my colors even though they aren't my usual choices.
Mom also sent for her 'blanket brigade' sewing so that keeps her busy along with her crocheting. We're getting her signed up for 'talking books' because she really misses reading. Mom wants to try going back to Ohio for the summer. I don't know how that's going to work but it's going to take some planning.
Not much else is going on......just waiting for the new season of DWTS too.


No comments:

Post a Comment