10/14/11

What a Whopper!





This fish was caught in Fountain Creek.

My brother Stan (I call him Stanie, always have, always will) has been a fisherman all of his life. He goes fishing every week and usually has very good luck. His usual spot is 11 mile Reservoir up past Woodland Park.


He's perfected 'canned salmon' which is delicious as salmon salad. His recipe is very good but I usually make it with lots of dill and some capers.


I used to fish as a child and we'd have summer long fishing contests to see how many catfish we could catch. Fishing is/was enjoyable but I have a problem putting on the worm/taking off the fish. Maybe I should try lures and retry the hobby next summer. With the cooler weather on the way, I'm sure he's gearing up for ice fishing.




Eleven Mile Reservoir: is located at an elevation of 8,600 feet in the southeastern corner of South Park, a large natural mountain park in central Colorado. The 3,400 acre reservoir is stocked with kokanee salmon and cutthroat and rainbow trout.





No comments:

Post a Comment