1/30/10

Some of my Favs.....

I thought I'd start keeping track of some of my favorite things. I'll try to add more occasionally.
  • Exercising to reggae music - it really has a nice tempo and beat, makes the time pass more quickly, and makes you think about the beach.
  • Biscotti - Val's xmas biscotti is all gone so I am going to try some new recipes, today....
  • Getting a good deal - especially at one of my favorite stores, the ARC. Tuesday is half price for Seniors (and I qualify). Seems like they should change their name to be more politically correct (Assoc. of Retarded Citizens)...but everyone knows the ARC
  • Attempting to be more green.... I started to make my own dishwasher soap and it has been working great. It's borax, baking soda, and lemonshine (or lemon koolaid can be used) - it's the citric acid that's needed. I found a blog that has a good article about homemade cleaners, etc. It's http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/19/clean-up-your-act-all-natural-homemade-cleaners/ Saves money too!
  • Hiking - there's a few trails and I want to check out soon!
  • Scones - I've lost my sweet tooth (a little) and love scones especially with lots of dried fruit.
  • Finding blogs with great ideas - check out some of them in my 'Check These Out' area.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Mel-knee! Thank you for the link to the home made cleaners. Spokane County for whatever reason decided to ban the sale of most dish washer detergents because of an ingredient that has been deemed harmful to the environment- so the options are not only limited, but ineffective. Everyone ends up running their dishwasher three times to get the dishes clean- so it is pointless. I will definitely be trying the home made version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Dani. Let me know if the link doesn't work or you can't find it and I can email the article to you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this, Melny...some good ideas to try!

    ReplyDelete