1/12/10

Yummy Homemade Pizza and More

Tyler has been cooking a lot the last couple of years (the girls always have) and we are finally getting to taste some of his creations. He and Miranda came down to see Grandma at rehab and while they were here Tyler made the best pizza I've ever tasted. He makes his crust from scratch and uses fresh mostly organic toppings. It was delicious. This was my fav - pesto, ricotta, tomato, and pinenuts.
Meredith recently showed me how to make chille relenos using egg roll wrappers, roasted green chiles, and cheese. I knew the Fry Daddy would come in handy some day. They can be served with green chile on top but we ate them while they were crunchy and dipped them in raspberry chipotle sauce. Mere also made Cranpinapeno Jam for Christmas which is great on cream cheese.
Valerie brought us some chokecherry jam/syrup and we used it on some great 'made from scratch' blueberry pancakes while Uncle Rock was here. I'm looking forward to trying some of her canned items once she plants her garden. She got a canning set for Christmas.
It's rewarding as a mom to know my kids can do all these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment