6/5/12

Gatorade....homemade!

Homemade Gatorade
1/2 cup orange juice (be sure to use OJ from the US ...as other countries may allow the use of fungicides)
1/4 cup sugar - I might try agave next time (lower glycemic index)
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1 Tbsp. Lemon jc. (I use organic)
Water
Makes 1 quart

According to the internet....the ingredients of gatorade are 94 % water, citric acid, flavoring, salt, and sugar.  They claim their product 'rehydrates, refuels, and replenishes better than others'.

I've tried this recipe and I enjoy it and think it tastes like the real thing and for pennies less.  I found it on onegoodthingbyjille.com . She adapted the recipe from dailygarnish.com.
I usually like it more diluted so I just add water to my taste.  Arn isn't sold on it yet.  Another summer drink I'm enjoying is iced tea made with PG Tips tea (thx Tiffany for introducing us to this tea) sweetened with homemade elderberry syrup (.Encourages Healthy Upper Respiratory and Enhances Overall Immune Functions).


  Arn isn't sold on that either but I feel it is similar to the passion tea at Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment